1.2K views
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Dec 05, 2016

Update!

It is the advisor from Montpelier Group that has mislead me and not RL360. RL360 is only guilty of providing a hard to understand and bad product.

Original review posted by user Dec 05, 2016

I also *** up! Yes, just another fool that got sucked in.

I entered the Quantum plan November last year and has been paying 3000usd/month on a 20year plan. I understand the plan now and if I finsh my initial period I will have to pay ~420usd/month just to cover the charges. If I chose to continue with just 300/month after the initial period Ill end up making 17000usd in 20 years - and I dont even think that accounts for inflation...... Yesterday I have sent a proposal to RL360 about transferring my current payments to an Oracle account instead of surrendering.

Hope to get an answer of sorts from them during this week. - Niels

Product or Service Mentioned: Royal London 360 Quantum Savings Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 05, 2016.

Comments

Muscat, Muscat, Oman #1307983

I fell into the same trap and only googled reviews too late. I got sold a 23year plan when we explained we needed a shorter term option and flexibility.

RL360 is anything but flexible.

I dumped the policy after 6 months as it was cheaper to lose 100% of contributions in 6 months or wait until the allocation period 23 months then try with draw and lose 82% of initial contributions to FEES.

Probably an ok policy if you are keen on a 23 year plan but for myself a total waste of time an money.

Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands #1281917

Contact Angela Brooks (angiebrooks@pension-life.com) if you are interested in a Group Action against RL360!

Regarding RL360 they have denied to transfer my units to a Quantum plan and I will lose everything by surrendering. No logical reason for why that is not possible but quite obvious why they dont want to do that.

Montpelier tells me that they are trying to work out a "deal" with RL360 so my fees for the remainder of the term will be heavily reduced. I will take the case to the Ombudsman early February if I dont hear further before then.

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada #1270012

Any updates?

Desperately trying to find a solution to remove our funds from RL360 without losing everything.

Taipei, Tai-Pei, Taiwan, Province Of China #1265345

Update 20170104:

Still waiting for Montpelier and RL360 to return with a solution proposal before I can continue to the ombudsman.